Murrelektronik’s Kanban System saves time, money and stress!
How often do machine manufacturers have to postpone delivery dates to customers due to a mismanagement of critical stock components? More often than you might imagine! Not only does this implicate the customer, it can also put the machine manufacturer in the position of potentially suffering late-delivery penalties. The potential losses are far greater than you might think, all because of a technicality in the stock replenishment system meaning the required cables and connectors are no longer available for the project required date.
Cable & Connector Kanban System
Murrelektronik has developed a Kanban system to help eradicate these issues for machine manufacturers. Kanban is a Japanese manufacturing system, in which the supply of components is regulated through the production line. It works alongside the ‘just-in-time’ manufacturing philosophy and helps to ensure that the correct components are available at the moment they are due to be installed.
Best of all, the Murrelektronik Kanban system is incredibly simple to implement. The system has been designed to ensure that you have the right products, in the right quantity, at the right time and place, to the best quality and at the right price.
Even the most experienced project managers cannot foresee technicalities in the reordering systems, and it is not always possible to know the correct cable lengths before installation begins so planning the demand for certain items is difficult. The Murrelektronik Kanban system can help here too.
Manage availability of critical cables and connectors
The Kanban system is a logistics concept and can be tailored to meet the requirements of each company. It guarantees that critical cables and connectors are available for installation without increasing the inventory level. The Kanban system monitors the usage of components, and can send purchase orders directly into the company procurement system, saving time, money and stress!
Implementation of the Murrelektronik Kanban system is easy…
- Murrelektronik work closely with the customer to determine a customised set of assorted cables and connectors.
- The average product consumption is monitored, and a re-order trigger level is agreed, before being split into two boxes. This ensures re-ordering takes place on time to reduce the possibility of running too low.
- The most suitable storage system – either fixed or mobile – is selected, and components are arranged in a logical fashion. This avoids the unnecessary searching for products when the pressure is on!
- Components are always delivered in Kanban specific boxes, meaning new product is always integrated into the flow of existing product without complication.
- The system is adaptable. If the component usage is different than expected, or requirements change, the selection of products can be updated immediately.
It is never too late to implement an effective logistics management system for critical stock components, and in doing so manufacturing companies could save a significant amount of time, money, and stress, all the while keeping the customer happy.
Stay connected with Murrelektronik. Murrelektronik is the UK arm of the world leading Murrelektronik GmbH, supplying connection technology to the engineering industry.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.