The PIF Survival Guide for AHR Expo 2014 HVAC Exhibition
AHR Expo 2014
With a new year comes new product launches and innovations at the world’s largest HVACR marketplace: the 2014 AHR Expo in New York. Before the show gets going, from 21-23 January, we thought we’d give you the lowdown on what to expect, who to look out for and what you just can’t afford to miss.
AHR Expo show dates and times
- Tuesday, 21 January: 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Wednesday, 22 January: 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Thursday, 23 January: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Products and exhibitors on show at AHR Expo
Take a look at the Show Preview, as well as who’ll be exhibiting at the AHR Expo with the full Exhibitor List (or PDF version) and where they can be found on an interactive Floor Plan. You can also get a sneak glimpse of a Product Preview for a comprehensive listing of all the products on show. AHR Expo organisers have also introduced a useful MyShow Planner tool to catalogue your programme highlights.
Engaging with confirmed key industry attendees
There’s an impressive list of registered visitors and we have picked out a few endorsing associations, along with their Twitter handles, for you to refer to.
- AFE - @FacilitiesEng
- AHR Expo - @ahrexpo
- AHRI - @AHRI2009
- ASHRAE - @ashraenews
- BACnet Intl. - @BACnetIntl
- BTEC - @BiomassThermal
- CABA - @caba_news
- HARDI - @HARDInews
- HRAI - @HRAI_Canada
- IAQA - @IAQAssociation
- NADCA - @Duct_Cleaners
- NATE - @NATEtechnicians
- RSES - @RSESHQ
- USGBC - @USGBC
- Women in HVACR - @WomenInHVACR
Features and highlights of AHR Expo
New Product Technology Theater
- Free New Product and Technology Exhibitor Presentations are brief 15-minute previews of exciting new products and innovations on show in the exhibitor's booths. Held in theaters located in the Exhibit Halls, demonstrations include “New PolyPro Advancements” from M & G DuraVent; “New CellarCool Internet Monitored Controls” by CellarCool; and “A Heating Boot for Comfort and Saving” presented by Stelpro Design.
The 2013 AHR Expo Innovation Awards
- The 2013 AHR Expo Innovation Awards recognize products that best help HVAC&R practitioners provide safer, healthier, more efficient and/or more comfortable environments.
- The annual competition is sponsored by ASHRAE, the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) and the International Exposition Company (IEC).
- The winners of the prestigious 2014 AHR Expo Innovation Awards have been selected and will be honored at a special ceremony on 22 January.
Free Educational Sessions
- There’s a packed Expo Education Schedule of seminars and workshops presented by endorsing industry associations and other groups addressing current industry initiatives and topics of practical interest.
ASHRAE Winter Meeting
- Held concurrently with the Show, ASHRAE holds its annual meeting onsite and at the Show Hotel.
Special Product Sections on the Exhibit Floor
- The Building Automation & Control Showcase: From energy and building management systems to controls and networking solutions.
- The Software Center: From design programs to estimating and business management software.
Seminars, Testing for a Nominal Fee
- Numerous educational courses and certification testing hosted by industry groups.
Industry Trade Associations
- Many of the industry's leading trade associations have booths in the Exhibit Hall where you can talk to staff, review literature and get information on membership.
Free Industry Publications
- Dozens of industry trade publications make complimentary copies of their latest issues available in the Media Bins located in the Show lobby.
- In addition, many of these publishers have booths in the Exhibit Hall offering complimentary subscriptions.
- A Free service to all attendees for checking email and referencing exhibitor websites.
We hope you enjoy the show and we hope our AHR Expo survival guide serves you well. Tweet us about the show @pifalert.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.