Type 422 FAILFREEZE – the only ATEX Certified I/P converter on the global market!
The Watson Smith (part of the Norgren Ltd) has launched a new version of their industry proven Type 422 series of valve, delivering the only ATEX Certified Fail Freeze I/P converter to the global market and can now be purchased direct from MGA Controls.
The Type 422 is available as an option with ATEX Intrinsically Safe certification meaning it is suitable for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
What is Type 422 FAILFREEZE?
The 422 FAILFREEZE put simply, maintains the valve to the last output pressure in the event of a power failure.
This combats a common problem in gaseous applications where it is critical the valve has a tightly controlled output.
How does the Type 422 operate?
- Input air is bled to a solenoid valve
- This Input valve opens and closes pressuring the control volume and opening the base valve, increasing the output pressure.
- The Output valve vents air, reducing pressure in the control volume, closing the base valve, decreasing the output pressure.
- These valves are controlled by the closed loop control circuit monitoring demand input and the actual output pressure of the valve.
Features of the Fail Freeze Type 422 I/P Converter
- Operating Temperature Range: -10°…+70°C
- Accuracy: Linearity < 1.0%
- Pressure Range: 0.2…1.0 Bar
- Response Time: < 8 seconds
- Low Power Consumption: < 0.25Watt
- Ingress Protection: IP65
Typical applications for the Type 422
You would expect to see the Wastson Smith Type 422 FAILFREEZE I/P converter in the following process industry applications.
- Domestic gas distribution
- Coal fire power station (furnace)
For more information on Watson Smith I/P Converters, please visit the MGA Controls dedicated website.page.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.