Top butterfly valve manufacturers in the UK
Who are the top butterfly valve manufacturers in the UK? In this blog, PIF takes you through some of the most well-known and reputable manufacturers of butterfly valves in the UK to help you to decipher the right manufacturer for you and your application.
PIF’s top-rated butterfly valve manufacturers
First up, we have Bürkert, a company whose reputation proceeds itself. As one of the world leading manufacturers of measurement and control systems for liquids and gases, it is no wonder they are one of the top butterfly manufacturers. The extensive Bürkert portfolio features four different types of butterfly valves. These include:
- Type 2671 – Promising zero leakage, this 2/2way butterfly valve can definitely meet the demands of your application with various materials and designs available to choose from. It is manually operated but can also be automated. The Type 2671 also has high flow values and low torques.
- Type 2672 – This valve is a pneumatically operated 2/2 way butterfly valve. It has a compact design and a high flow rate and an electro-pneumatic position controller.
Other options from Bürkert include a plastic butterfly valve and a butterfly valve with a pneumatic rotary actuator.
Next up, we have ABO Valve. ABO specialise in shut off and control valves, which ensures they have a wide selection of butterfly valves to choose from. Whether you need a cost-effective valve or a butterfly valve for use in a wide range of applications, ABO has the product for you. Their range includes:
- Centric butterfly valves – For example, the Series 600 is for use in general purpose applications as a cost-effective solution.
- High-performance butterfly valves – Choose from triple and double offset valves or even the double offset flanged butterfly valves.
- PTFE lined butterfly valves – This valve is specially designed for use with aggressive media.
Zwick Armaturen manufactures a specialist series of butterfly valve, the Tri-Con. Described as an ‘allrounder’, the Tri-Con can be used in everything from the oil and gas industry to the chemical industry. Available in an extensive number of sizes, the Tri-Con is suitable for a range of applications, due to its availability with maximum dimensions of over 200 cm in diameter.
Finally, we have Durapipe, manufacturers of two different series of the butterfly valve. Their innovative designs make them suitable for a wide range of applications. The FK series is a range of high-performance butterfly valves with a PP-GR body. Due to this feature of its design, the FK series are resistant to impact and also chemically resistant. The FE series is the more cost-effective solution from Durapipe. This particular butterfly valve has a PVC-U Body, is suitable for water applications and available with either EPDM or FPM liners.
Distributors of butterfly valves
These valves are available to purchase in the UK, even if they are manufactured further afield. A selection of our valued partners are trusted distributors of these products, including MGA Control and BM Engineering. Visit their partner pages for further information.
For more information about the UK’s top butterfly valve manufacturers, contact PIF today.
Process Industry Forum
The leading online technical resource centre for the Process Industry.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.