Top 10 tips from compressed air system design experts on reducing energy consumption
We are being encouraged & reminded daily to save energy, reduce our carbon footprint and adopt a greener lifestyle. Growing customer expectations and increasing legislation mean that businesses can no longer afford to ignore the demand for energy-saving products.
So, here at PIF HQ we have decided to bring a series of 'Top Tip' articles on how to reduce energy consumption across your plant or process.
Top 10 tips from compressed air system (CAS) design experts
- Reduce the air pressure to the minimum requirement
- Size the pneumatic components for the actual performance needs
- Filter and dry air in an appropriate way
- Use only quality products
- Isolate the plant when not in use using 2 port valves
- Stop air blow when not needed
- Generate vacuum using multi-stage ejectors with vacuum switches
- Where possible select low energy consuming components
- Periodically check the air consumption
- Prevent and reduce air leaks
Please leave any more tips below!
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.