Power supply units and signal towers for maximum energy efficiency
Maximum Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency in machine tools is a cutting-edge topic. The time of power guzzlers is over. "Blue competence" is required in machines and systems. This is one of Murrelektronik's specialties, with their products and solutions helping to achieve maximum energy efficiency.
Achieve maximum energy efficiency
When buying a new car, refrigerator or an air conditioner, energy efficiency is an important issue to consider. A look at the European Union energy label clearly shows the relation between energy expended and performance achieved. Class A+++ means the highest energy efficiency.
These same energy efficiency standards are also very important to all of us in the machine tool industry. Murrelektronik can help you to achieve these maximum energy efficiency standards with their easy to implement solutions.
They can immediately increase your energy efficiency, while also reducing energy consumption, through two approaches:
- Integrating highly energy efficient components and/or replacing obsolete loads in existing machines and systems.
- Conceptual approaches targeting those machine groups that are not involved in production processes and are temporarily switched to a resting state.
Murrelektronik's power supply units
Achieve higher energy efficiency with Murrelektronik's range of power supply units.
Emparro power supply unit
- Efficiency rating of up to 95 percent
- Generates less heat, safeguarding its lifetime and reducing thermal stress for individual components.
- A power limiter function protects from overloads and aids start up.
- Available in seven different models, with output voltages of 12, 24 and 48 V.
MB Redundancy Balance
- Works with Emparro to create an even more energy efficient solution.
- Intelligent control cabinet module puts both power supply units under an equal load – the best operating mode for energy efficiency.
- Operates using MOSFET technology so the internal consumption of the modules is up to 87% lower than conventional diode modules.
Modlight signal towers
- Indicate operating conditions using extremely bright LEDs.
- Maintenance-free for over 100,000 operating hours.
- Output features an excellent relation to the power input.
Modlight XTREME 440 machine lights
- Feature LEDs that illuminate machine rooms in daylight quality.
- No power guzzling fluorescent lamps that fail when exposed to vibrations.
- Can be continuously dimmed, increasing energy efficiency.
- Thanks to their low inrush current the input power is substantially reduced.
- Hold current is more than 50 percent lower as a result.
- This adds up to impressive savings in large systems and machines.
MSUD valve plugs with capacitor reducers
- These pre-wired form A valve connectors supply 100 percent power when starting up.
- When a system is on hold, the consumption is reduced by 40 to 60 percent.
- Where many valves are controlled, this significantly contributes to low energy efficiency.
MICO+ intelligent control cabinet component
- Makes it possible to completely shut down machine components when they are not needed.
- Enables energy savings in a simple way.
- Murrelektronik's Cube67 bus modules work in a similar way.
All of these options show the many ways to improve energy efficiency in machine tools and systems. It also clearly shows how easily they can be implemented. Especially if you choose a Murrelektronik solution.
Stay connected with Murrelektronik. Murrelektronik is the UK arm of the world leading Murrelektronik GmbH, supplying connection technology to the engineering industry.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.