Innovative Pneumatic Cylinder from Norgren for considerable energy and cost savings
What does every end-user want from their pneumatic equipment? I think to name a few; cost savings, energy savings, reduced downtime, reduced maintenance, easy installation & integration, and easy maintenance.
Norgren claim, in the form of the new IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder, they have achieved these benefits, by working closely with end-user’s and actually listening to what they want.
This article will describe the innovative features of the IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder and will explain the innovative technology behind the product, which allows it to claim such dramatic energy and operating costs for end-users.
Reduced energy costs
Norgren claim the IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder reduces energy consumption by up to 50%. How exactly does the IVAC cylinder achieve this?
- The patented design and technology reduces CO2 emissions and KW Hrs
- The consolidation of parts and innovative design minimises dead volume – the IVAC only uses air in the cylinder, and not the air in the tubing. This reduces energy consumption considerably.
- Reduced air means the cost per mm of stroke is significantly reduced.
Easy installation and Integration
Norgren claim the IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder is easily installed, maintained and integrated with both existing and new systems. What makes the IVAC different to other pneumatic cylinders?
- The IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder is a weight-optimised actuator
- It has fully integrated valve and magnetically operated switches for complete actuator control
- It has reduced components; it has fully integrated sensor adjustment, fully integrated flow controls & integrated pressure protection
- It has 1 single M12 connection, 1 single air connection and 1 single exhaust port.
These features allow the IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder to be easily retrofitted or integrated within new systems.
Easy selection and delivery
Norgren have a Key Account Management structure in place with sector specialists available for more specific technical advice. With their streamlined ordering system through Norgren Express, it has never been easier ordering the correct product for your application.
So, not only does this product save considerable energy, installation and maintenance costs, visually it ticks the boxes too. It is of extremely high quality and is built to last.
Is this cylinder as good as it claims to be? Have Norgren pioneered the specialism of pneumatic control with this technical innovation?
Have a question about the IVAC Pneumatic Cylinder? Ask our Industry Experts in the Solution Centre or contact us at email@example.com.
Norgren’s world-class portfolio of fluid and motion control products and technologies, coupled with extensive sector knowledge and technical excellence delivers an unrivalled proposition to Norgren customers.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.