The importance of regular maintenance of your Control Systems
A programme of regular, preventive maintenance keeps equipment in optimum condition, saving costs, boosting productivity and improving product quality and consistency.
It is essential to deliver regular maintenance and servicing of controls equipment, carried out by specialist service engineers.
Top Tips for maintenance of Control Systems
This 'Top Tips' article provides you with the most important considerations in maintaining Control Systems:
- Visual inspection of controller, valve and actuator
- Visual inspection of all wiring and terminations
- Check all electrical connections for tightness
- Check pneumatic connections
- Check configuration of controller to ensure optimum performance
- Dismantle control valve, clean and visually inspect valve internals
- Replace valve stem seals (once per annum)
- Check and clean all strainer screens, re-fit using new cap gaskets
- Set valve/actuator/positioners, zero and stroke
- Functionally test to ensure correct operation and satisfactory temperature/pressure control
- Gain written service report provided per visit, detailing findings, actions and recommendations/requirements
My interests and skills are in the world of digital and online marketing, specifically SEO and Social Media management. With 10 years experience working with the engineering sector, I understand how to market technical product and services.
Get the latest process industry news
Interested in receiving even more industry-leading news from Process Industry Forum delivered directly to your inbox? Then sign up to our free newsletter. Bringing you the latest news, trends, innovations and opinion from across the process industry, our exclusive newsletter gives you all the industry insights of the moment in one, easy-to-digest bulletin. Stay ahead of the competition with regular process industry news instalments from PIF.