Top 10 tips from compressed air system design experts on reducing energy consumption
We are being encouraged & reminded daily to save energy, reduce our carbon footprint and adopt a greener lifestyle. Growing customer expectations and increasing legislation mean that businesses can no longer afford to ignore the demand for energy-saving products.
So, here at PIF HQ we have decided to bring a series of ‘Top Tip’ articles on how to reduce energy consumption across your plant or process.
Top 10 tips from compressed air system (CAS) design experts
- Reduce the air pressure to the minimum requirement
- Size the pneumatic components for the actual performance needs
- Filter and dry air in an appropriate way
- Use only quality products
- Isolate the plant when not in use using 2 port valves
- Stop air blow when not needed
- Generate vacuum using multi-stage ejectors with vacuum switches
- Where possible select low energy consuming components
- Periodically check the air consumption
- Prevent and reduce air leaks
Please leave any more tips below!