A decentralised AC Drive Solution with IP66 Outdoor Enclosures
The Vacon 100 Flow for Intelligent Process Control
VACON 100 FLOW is an AC drive dedicated to improving flow control in Building Automation and Water & Wastewater applications. It combines core functionality of VACON 100 with features that are specifically designed for flow control applications, such as Multipump solutions and application selection menus.
Benefits of the AC Drive for flow control
- Dedicated functionality for pump, fan and compressor applications makes system integration easy and efficient.
- Electrolytic-free DC link capacitors for long lifetime and minimized lifecycle cost.
- Graphical keypad with wizard guides the user through commissioning and drive startup.
- Built-in Ethernet and RS485 communication as standard offers efficient integration into automation systems.
The Vacon 100X for decentralised applications
A decentralised AC drive solution with an unmatched power range of up to 37 kW. The VSD has highly advanced control capability which guarantees processes run exactly how you want them to. The IP66/Type 4X Outdoor enclosure opens up a whole range of possibilities for a standard drive. Cabinets, shielded cabling and electrical rooms are no longer needed, meaning that the drive can be placed as close to the motor as necessary. This makes it perfect for scenarios where external factors may be an issue, such as retrofitting, rooftop and applications that are subject to regular washdowns.
Benefits of the IP66 Drive for decentralised applications
- Able to withstand rough conditions such as heat, dirt and vibrations.
- Easy to keep clean.
- Approval for public networks makes it flexible for installation.
- Vacon Programming enables top class integration for countless OEM applications.
- High efficiency and simulated air flow ensure long lifetime.
- Motor/machine Mountable in any position; fits into any available space.
Vacon are one of the largest manufacturers of AC Drives in the world. Their range of Variable Speed Drives are found in challenging applications around the globe and are designed to deliver optimum process control and energy efficiency. The PIF team had the opportunity to interview their product specialist Chris Ward about the range of AV Variable Speed Drives they were exhibiting at The Pump Centre Conference in Telford, UK.